Pear Glazed Ham
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 (15 oz) halved pears in 100% juice
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1 (8 to 10 pound) spiral sliced smoked ham
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham in roasting dish, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine pears (with juice), dark brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, pepper and all spice. Bring to a low boil for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Slowly pour the pear mixture on top of the ham. Cover with foil and place ham in oven.
- Cook for a total of two hours, basting the ham every 30 minutes.
- Let ham rest for 15 minutes, then serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Tabby :: Tara B :: Heather Wickersham :: Cathie B :: tarnold :: Jo :: Andrea P :: debbie b :: andrea :: melissa w :: brenda h :: SweetsLover :: Faith Hogue :: Emily O :: kim :: Jessica B :: norma :: Michelle v :: MARIA P :: Olga L