- 3 cups sweet red vermouth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 full head of garlic crushed or minced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 duck, thawed
- Place duck in a roasting pan with lid.
- In a mixing bowl heat sweet vermouth for 30-45 seconds in the microwave, just warm enough to dissolve sugar. Mix in sugar and garlic powder.
- Using a marinating syringe saturate duck with the liquid mixture. Sometimes it can be easiest to pour last of marinade in a glass to draw into syringe. If you want to add the tarragon, rub it on now.
- Mix rub ingredients and rub down the duck.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350°F. You know your own oven - some of you will adjust that to 375°F I like 350°F. You will cook it around two hours and ten to fifteen minutes. I prefer to cook the first 30 minutes uncovered to let alcohol escape; however it is not required. You will have a sweet duck. Happy Thanksgiving!
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Note: Duck does not need to be basted.
This Sweet Duck recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.