Marinate 1 hour
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, divided usage
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large Asian pear, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh mint leaves (plus additional for optional garnish)
- Spoon soy sauce, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, brown sugar and garlic into a small saucepan; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Let cool, then spoon into a plastic zipper-top bag with chicken breasts. Let marinate in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, make relish by combining Asian pear, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper, green onions and ginger root with remaining tablespoon vinegar and granulated sugar, blending well. Add mint leaves and reserve.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium coals or gas flame for about 4 minutes on each side, or until tender and done.
- Remove to a cutting board and let rest for about 5 minutes, keeping warm. Cut chicken crosswise into slices; arrange on serving plates with relish; garnish with additional mint leaves, if desired.
This Asian Grilled Chicken with Perfect Pear Relish recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.