Baby Back Ribs in Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2 cups chipotle barbecue sauce. Ribs serve 4 adults
Ribs and Seasoning
- 2 slabs (2 lbs) baby back pork ribs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/ 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper
Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle (depending on your personal taste)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- For ribs: Cut each slab of ribs crosswise in half. Place slabs individually on aluminum foil large enough to fully wrap slabs.
- Combine seasoning and sprinkle generously on all sides Wrap each slab and place in oven for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Prepare chipotle barbecue sauce: In a non reactive saucepan bring barbecue sauce ingredients to boil. Turn to simmer.
- Simmer on low heat for approximately 12-15 minutes or until sauce has reached desired consistency. Set aside.
- When ribs have been in oven for 2 hours and 15 minutes preheat outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- Remove ribs from oven when ribs been in oven for 2 hours 30 minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Remove from foil.
- Place ribs on grill and grill on each side for approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Near the very end of grilling brush with sauce. Serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: CloLeeta S :: Rebecca C :: Ms. Martha :: Sam S :: Cindy :: Tonya Tipton :: Rebecca Smith :: Jo P :: Laura Bass :: Wendi Lazier :: barbara f :: jennifer :: Rose :: Cynthia Reyes-Cabasos :: chef rosa :: stacy tieu :: V. Hope :: beverly r :: Amie D :: Hutzle