- 1/4 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend together brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, ground red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry and brush one side of each breast lightly with mustard; sprinkle coated side evenly with brown sugar mixture, then place, coated side up, in a single layer in a large baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 18-20 minutes, or until tender and done.
- Meanwhile, toss fruit and almonds together, blending well.
- Heat jelly slightly to liquefy, then blend with lime juice. Spoon over fruit mixture, blending well. Reserve at room temperature until chicken is done. To serve, place chicken on serving plates and serve with salsa.
This Sugar-Spiced Chicken with Fancy Fruit Salsa recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.