- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick cooking oats (NOT instant or old fashioned)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Optional: 1 cup chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine and sift together whole wheat flour and baking soda. Stir in oats and set aside.
- With hand held mixer or stand mixer beat soft butter and brown sugar until light and creamy. Add egg, salt and vanilla extract. Add sifted ingredients and mix until dough forms, do not overmix. Stir in raisins and chocolate.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or tablespoon) drop cookies onto parchment lined or lightly buttered cookie sheets.
- Place in oven and bake until light golden on edges. Do not over-bake to prevent cookies from becoming too dry. Reheat in a microwave to make soft and tender.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
100% whole grain cookies that are full of fiber!