- 3 cups orange juice (reserve 1/4 cup to mix with thickener)
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/8 cup Steviacane
- or 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot for thickening
- Combine following in a large saucepan: orange juice, brown sugar, Steviacane, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, cloves and allspice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Blend thickener of your choice with reserved cup of orange juice.
- Add to mixture, reduce heat and continue to cook at a brisk simmer until liquid has reduced and is thick enough to coat back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
We understand that you may at times want to reduce calories by limiting your sugar intake. Is it possible to do with a rich brown sugar ham glaze? Absolutely! Just check out this Citrus Spice Ham Glaze recipe. It pairs Steviacane sugar with your choice of either our light or dark natural brown sugar products. As a result, you get fewer calories but the same rich molasses flavor that our brown sugar products provide. Try this brown sugar ham glaze recipe today.