Apricot Jalapeno Jelly
Prep time :
6 half-pint jars
- 2/3 cup diced, dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced jalapeño pepper
- 6 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- In a large, deep stainless steel saucepan, combine apricots and vinegar. Let apricots and vinegar sit while you chop other vegetables.
- Add red onion, red pepper and jalapeño peppers to the apricots. Stir in sugar. Over high heat, stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil that can't be stirred down. Stir in pectin. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove jelly from heat, skim off foam and fill hot, sterile jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp paper towel and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Remove jars, cool and store.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Stacey R :: Clarizas :: Shelley F :: Gail :: Loretta C :: Debra B :: Boeke42 :: Baker Elaine :: Catherine D :: Yvonne H :: BronzevilleSugar :: Larae R :: Linda F :: deaken2003 :: sandra h :: Rachel G :: rachel d :: Jill B :: Donna C :: maegan