Blueberry FOG Jam (Fig, Orange, Ginger)
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 half pints of jam
- 4 cups fresh figs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sugar pectin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Puree figs and orange juice until smooth in blender. Add blueberries and ginger and pulse until well combined.
- Pour fig mixture into a large pot and stir in sugar and pectin. Cook over medium low heat.
- While fruit mixture is heating, place jar lids in a small pan of water and simmer. Get canning jars and lids ready and place a large pot of water over medium heat to use as a water bath.
- Bring fig mixture to a boil and continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Fill each canning jar and leave 1/2 inch of space at the top. Place a lid on each jar and secure the rings.
- Process in a water-bath canner for 12 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner and allow to sit untouched until cooled and lids have popped.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jen :: Angela :: Grandma Deb :: Gerard :: hildar20 :: Laura M :: Marge1751 :: Linda Sudbury :: Jane :: SusanG :: MICHELLE LADNER :: Tammy :: annie :: lucy v :: Mary Jean :: Rachel :: Terri H :: Kim :: orangecloud :: Vanina