Blueberry Lime Jam
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
Makes 6 half-pint jars
- 4 1/2 cups crushed blueberries
- Grated zest of two limes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 5 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 package (1.75 oz) powdered fruit pectin
- Put blueberries in the base of a food processor and pulse just until evenly mashed but not liquified. Alternatively, crush the blueberries with hand held masher.
- In a stainless steel saucepan, combine blueberries, lime zest and lime juice. Stir in pectin and whisk until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Ladle hot jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp paper towel. Put lids on and screw band on until fingertip tight. Process for 12 minutes in a boiling water bath making sure jars are fully submerged.
- Remove jars, cool and store.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Debbie Fisher :: Leslie Carrion :: kim :: Wavey :: karla :: kathegoodwin :: Carol :: lgsr :: jackie curtis :: Chef Jana :: Hattie :: Sweety :: Kourtney :: tfaulder :: Daniela Mathews :: Thoch :: Irel A :: maureen :: Melissa :: Jean F