Ginger Pear Preserves
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:25
- 8 pounds medium-ripe pears
- 6 pounds Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, finely cut
- 3 lemons
- Peel, core and finely chop pears. Combine with sugar, ginger and grated rind and juice from lemons in a large pot. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 15-25 minutes until pears are tender and mixture has a thin gel-like consistency.
- While preserves are cooking, prepare 6 pint jars (sterilize and heat).
- Once preserves are cooked and ready, turn off heat and let pot sit for a minute. Ladle mixture into hot jars. Seal immediately.
- Let preserves cool, without moving, at least 4 hours (overnight if possible).
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe from Imperial Sugar 125th Anniversary Cookbook
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: LyndaK :: SONAL :: Cheryl M :: Emily S :: bleary :: kelly :: Jennie :: Carol :: Tammy P :: Jill :: splishs :: Lynne F :: Ethel K :: Shiba kihara Nyabola :: Jim Burt :: Mary :: MariTrevino :: Sandy :: Hung Kang :: KarenAngela