- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Defrost blackberries in a microwave oven or overnight in a refrigerator.
- Place in a non reactive saucepan and add sugar. Stir to a boil with a heat resistant spatula on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes or until it thickens. Jam will thicken more as it cools.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Note: This jam bursts with fresh blackberry flavor as the cooking time is very short. However, due to the fact that this jam is made with only half of the standard amount of sugar, it cannot be canned (in jam, sugar functions as a natural preservative). Keep in refrigerator for a week or freeze it. Thaw in a microwave or overnight in a refrigerator.