Slightly Spicy Cranberry Mold
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 12-ounce bags fresh cranberries
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely minced
- 1 cup water
- Pinch salt
- 1 can gingerale
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (about 3 small envelops of Knox)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Lightly coat the inside of a bundt pan with a neutral flavored oil. Set aside.
- In large pot bring cranberries, sugar, jalapeno and water to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat and allow to cook, stirring occasionally until cranberries begin to burst and mixture gets thick and bubbly.
- While cranberries cook, stir together gingerale and gelatin and allow to bloom for about 5 minutes.
- Heat gelatin mixture in microwave about 15-30 seconds until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Transfer cranberry mixture to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add in gelatin while food processor or blender runs.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Cover and chill overnight.
- To unmold, run a thin knife around edges of the mold. Tip mould to one side until jelly begins to release then tip to other sides.
- Place serving plate’s top side down onto top side of bundt pan and carefully turn upside down to unmold.
- Serve cold.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Imperial Sugar @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Kelly F :: iganda1 :: Debbie E :: paola perez :: jose m :: Gail Farris :: Lisa C :: Paw Frog :: laura :: KathyWitzel :: kaykake :: Dawnwings :: mwood :: KPeebs :: JODIE H :: Patricia Gonzales :: ChefSmith :: Mumsi :: jill :: Theresa A