Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:20
5 - 6 pints
- 1 packet powdered pectin
- 5 1/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 cups pureed watermelon, seedless
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Whisk together sugar and powdered pectin until they are fully combined. In a large pot, combine watermelon puree, sugar mixture, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a boil and cook until the jelly reaches 225°F.
- Remove from heat and pour into prepared jars. Clean the rims, place the lids and screw on the bands. Process jars in boiling water or a canner for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from canner and allow jars to cool. Jelly may not be set for up to one week, but you can eat immediately, if desired. Store unopened jars in a cool, dark place for up to one year.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Vikimae :: SherryNicholas :: Nancy :: Marvin N :: Luvschocolateblue :: Michelle J :: Jo :: diane b :: Sweetness :: Paula K :: Cara P :: mark veidt :: michelle :: A :: Jeanette A :: claudiav :: JulesR :: Liam's Mommy :: Mary-Ann :: Toshia S