White Peach Cinnamon Jam
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
6 half pints of jam
- 7 cups fresh white peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sugar pectin
- Puree peaches, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth in blender.
- Pour mixture into a large pot and stir in sugar and pectin. Cook over medium low heat.
- While fruit mixture is heating, place jar lids in a small pan of water and simmer. Get canning jars and lids ready and place a large pot of water over medium heat to use as a water bath.
- Bring peach mixture to a boil and continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Carefull fill each canning jar and leave 1/2 inch of space at the top. Place a lid on each jar and secure rings.
- Process in a water-bath canner for 12 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner and allow to sit untouched until cooled and lids have popped.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: lisa mcgregor :: Shirley B :: Vickie D :: Kafers :: Jaytay :: SweetMoni :: Gerrah B :: jak :: mphillips :: Shorty :: Bill S :: Nancy B :: Candace Kluth :: Nessa :: C K :: kclJyl :: Patricia Biggar :: jay :: Barbara B :: T Hogg