Slow Cooker Sweet Apple Balsamic Pork Chop
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Optional: Polenta, cooked and hot
- Season both sides of pork chops with sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place chops in a 5-quart crock pot; add apple slices.
- Whisk together cider (or juice), vinegar, and brown sugar; add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 1/2 hours. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook 2 1/2 hours or until chops are tender.
- Serve pork chops over polenta and spoon sauce over top. Garnish with additional sage leaves; if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: William Sacco :: Cynde F :: Mom C :: Elliott Cruz :: rekapuskas :: Vanessa C :: Linda :: john :: Tiphi :: trishtatran :: Vickie S :: pamela m :: Mary N :: Mercy Garcia :: Lady Parker :: Becky M :: dee :: Marina Hatton :: Shyanna D :: Lornis F