Slow Cooker Sweet Apple Balsamic Pork Chop
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 4 bone-in pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider (or apple juice)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Polenta, cooked and hot - optional
- Season both sides of pork chops with sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place chops in a 5-quart crock pot; add apple slices.
- Whisk together cider (or juice), vinegar, and brown sugar; add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 1/2 hours. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook 2 1/2 hours or until chops are tender.
- Serve pork chops over polenta and spoon sauce over top. Garnish with additional sage leaves; if desired.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: VIRGINIA :: lcoogler66 :: Jamie C :: Robert M :: Debra Nisius :: Kathy S :: Adeem :: nananchamorritas1 :: Cindy J :: emilee :: que :: Gigi :: Mariana A :: Nanag :: Carole Cassidy :: Dawn C :: R Wilson :: Dianne C :: Teresa G :: Chefyvet