Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Trifle
Prep time :
- 1/2 cup brewed green tea
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 quarts strawberries, stems removed, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 package (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Optional: Whole strawberries for garnish
- Combine brewed tea and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil for 2 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Stir in orange juice.
- Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Combine with syrup in a bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in mascarpone cheese.
- Place 1/2 of pound cake cubes in a trifle or large glass serving bowl. Top with 1/2 of strawberries and 1/2 of mascarpone cream. Repeat layers ending with cream layer.
- Sprinkle with almonds and additional strawberries, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jennifer blackwelder :: skykelley :: Shannon H :: Jenny beth P :: janice p :: traceyscoupon :: Debbie :: Joan M :: Chris :: mommamiller17 :: Wanda E :: Karol OSteen :: Kristi P :: Franklin Gaines :: bookiedoo :: caroline s :: hrly216 :: karen608 :: Trecia :: Brgrumbles