Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Trifle
Prep time :
- 1/2 cup brewed green tea
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 quarts strawberries, stems removed, sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 package (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Whole strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Combine brewed tea and 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil for 2 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Stir in orange juice.
- Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Combine with syrup in a bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in mascarpone cheese.
- Place 1/2 of pound cake cubes in a trifle or large glass serving bowl. Top with 1/2 of strawberries and 1/2 of mascarpone cream. Repeat layers ending with cream layer.
- Sprinkle with almonds and additional strawberries, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: rossy :: ?? :: K Finkbeiner :: Teresa A :: Eryka :: Marlene :: HL :: heather cole :: Dina Gustin :: Jane S :: Wanda G :: Art :: sharon H :: Theresa kelley :: DrummerSam :: Natasha S :: Neil M :: MissSugarMO :: jennifer :: J Kroeger