- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 apples, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- Sweetened whipping cream
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray. Pour butter in bottom of cake pan.
- Add brown sugar and whipping cream; mix well. Spread evenly over bottom of pan.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over brown sugar mixture. Top with cranberries.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar using electric mixer on medium speed in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk on low speed until combined. Spoon batter evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan and invert onto serving platter. Let cool 30 minutes; serve with sweetened whipped cream.