Brown Sugar Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Candied Walnuts
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- Place bacon in a large saute pan and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove bacon with tongs. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In same pan with bacon drippings, whisk in broth, light brown sugar and salt. Bring liquid to a boil, reduce to medium heat and then add the Brussels sprouts, cook for 6 1/2 minutes with lid on pan. Drain broth from pan (leaving the Brussels sprouts in pan).
- Add candied walnuts to pan and saute for 2 minutes over medium high heat.
- Place in serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: mau :: Larry B :: Kim Flynn :: sadiegirltindol :: De :: Dot :: CHUCKSIRDAD :: Debra :: Cindy W :: Tracyz :: robin :: Vickie K :: Nicole C :: Marietta :: Vikimae :: Brenda :: HealthyHeather :: Wendy A :: Patria W :: Phyllis P