Dr. Pepper Barbecued Beef Brisket
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
About 12 servings
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper Cherry Cola Soda
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4-5 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Trim fat from meat. Place meat in a large roasting pan.
- Combine brown sugar, ketchup, Dr Pepper, onion, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; mixing until well blended.
- Pour over meat. Cover tightly with foil.
- Roast for 3 hours or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with sauce mixture.
- Remove meat to platter and keep warm.
- Pour remaining sauce into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens.
- Cut meat into thin diagonal slices across the grain at an angle. Serve meat with sauce.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jdiaz :: Andrea :: stephanie a :: Doug :: Terri G :: Tiffany N :: plucious L :: Dee :: kpbp2 :: Christe :: csw1231 :: Jason L :: Rcruz21 :: Barbara D :: charli :: DavL :: alleekat :: hhbeam :: Jody :: Gayle H