- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus additional oil to saute potstickers
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and very finely chopped
- 2 scallions, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground white-meat chicken (or a combination of white and dark meat chicken)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 24 Gyoza skins (or use round wonton wrappers)
- Prepare Egg Wash - The egg wash and ground pepper. Mix until well combined, cover with plastic wrap and let stand in the fridge 30 minutes.
- Prepare Soy Glaze - Mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add oils. Saute carrot, scallions, ginger and garlic, 2-3 minutes, just until carrots are slightly soft.
- Remove pan from heat and let vegetables cool.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment and sprinkle with cornstarch. Making sure your work surface is dry, lay out Gyoza skins.
- Brush lightly with egg wash and spoon a teaspoon full of chicken mixture in center.
- Fold wontons in half to form a half-moon and pinch closed with your fingers. Continue this process until you have used all mixture.
- Lay uncooked pot stickers on parchment-lined tray. Keep in refrigerator until ready to cook, or cover tightly and freeze potstickers and cook at another time.
- Heat a medium-large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add a couple of tablespoons of peanut oil and saute potstickers until brown and crispy, 2-3 minutes. Then flip them over and continue cooking until crispy on both sides.
- Remove any excess oil from pan. With potstickers still in pan, add a small ladleful of sauce and cook until potstickers are nicely coated with sauce, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with dipping sauces of choice.
Note: Recipe can be increased proportionately
This Soy Glazed Celebration Pot Stickers recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.