Gumdrop Candy Peacocks
Prep time :
- 6 large gumdrop fruit slice candies
- 66 small gumdrops
- 12 candy eye balls
- 6 fruit-flavored breath mintd
- 12 dried stands of spaghetti noodles
- Royal Icing
- Prepare Royal Icing.
- To create head, stick a dried strand of spaghetti into bottom of a gumdrop. Push a breath mint into gumdrop for beak. Spread or pipe royal icing and adhere candy eyes. Set aside to dry.
- Push two gumdrops onto a dried strand of spaghetti, leaving room at bottom to adhere to base to make feathers. Make 4 more sticks. Use large fruit slice as base, and stick head into center. Push feathers around in a circular shape.
- Tip - If your peacocks don’t stand up, use a toothpick in the back to prop up.
- Other ideas for fun ways to use these Gumdrop Peacocks: Set up the pieces on a small paper plate and use as a place card for a big family meal. Let the kids make them to keep them busy while you are getting the meal on the table. If using for a table craft, use a marshmallow instead of icing. Cut the marshmallows so that there are two sticky sides, the candy eyes adhere nicely.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: nrichmond201 :: LILSIS51 :: melanie m :: Leslie :: Dianna H :: BrendaSugar :: Donna G :: couponcheri :: Amanda R :: Driva :: gfd :: melissa s :: Mimi :: Sachi Mitchem :: Sandra E :: Myrices :: faithmm :: the baker :: Romy Ortiz :: Shannon C