- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divide
- Preheat an oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together cornmeal and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl; stir in whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, buttermilk, sugar, melted margarine, green chiles and onion.
- Stir in cornmeal mixture and 2 cups of cheddar cheese until only slight lumps of cornmeal remain; pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven until firmed and lightly browned, about 1 hour. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This Corn Casserole recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.