Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) softened butter
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Place potatoes into a bowl and add butter, chipotle chiles, adobo sauce, brown sugar and half-and-half. Mash well with a potato masher, and season to taste with salt to serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Second Place Winner in Dixie Crystals 2012 Homemade Holidays Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: julie :: jo28352 :: Totocare :: JJ :: keen :: ConnieSue :: Betty B :: Jo Ann E :: jlgross7 :: mcafee71 :: tim :: Vanessa S :: SANCHO64 :: lisa doyle :: Steph :: James V :: TA :: Carolynn :: ANGELA K :: Rosienila