- 1 pound carrots, ends trimmed, chopped into about 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup flour, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snap cookies
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, toss carrot with olive oil and kosher salt. Roast 25-35 minutes, or until very tender. Remove from oven; let cool enough to handle.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Meanwhile, make topping. In a medium bowl, using a fork, combine light brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup melted butter and ginger snap cookies. (Should resemble a crumble.) Cover; set aside.
- In a food processor, add roasted carrots, powdered sugar, orange juice, 1/4 cup melted butter, and eggs. Process until smooth. Add flour, baking powder, ginger and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pulse several times until well combined.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread carrot mixture in pan. Swirl in marshmallow crème. Sprinkle ginger crumble over top. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden.
This Roasted Carrot Marshmallow Ginger Bake recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.