Awesome Green Beans
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:30 to 0:25
- 8 slices maple flavor bacon (maple flavor), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- Place bacon in a 2-quart saucepan, begin to cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, mixing often. Once the bacon starts to brown add onions and sauté for an additional 5 minutes until onions begin to turn clear, mixing often.
- Add butter, minced garlic, Dixie Crystals light brown sugar, black pepper, salt, and water. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil (mix well).
- Add green beans, stir and cover saucepan with lid, turn heat to medium and let cook for 25-30 minutes. Stir occasionally and do not allow all water to evaporate.
- For softer green beans let sit in saucepan off heat for 10 additional minutes. Serve hot.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Olga S :: Lisa S :: Kathy B :: s c :: Lynn Bowe :: goog :: zaphgb :: ann blankinship :: Dani Sue P :: cybersue :: mak20 :: Lisa C :: cdovery :: Sandy N :: Shawn :: Chef Lena :: lisa bell :: Aline :: KarenSue :: shannon h