- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten with milk below
- 1/3 cup milk, cold
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Quickly cut cold butter in small even cubes and combine with sugar, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg-milk mixture at once and mix until dough just starts to form together. Do not over mix!
- Remove from bowl and gently press dough together to make it better combined. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface about 1/2 inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter, cut very close together minimizing waste. Place on a parchment lined or buttered cookie sheet.
- Bake until pale golden, about 12 to 14 minutes, baking time will depend on thickness of biscuits.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
These biscuits are made with eggs and have a fuller flavor and a different texture than regular biscuits.