Caramelized Onions & Snow Peas
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into short ribbons
- 4 tablespoons, divided Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 pound fresh snow peas
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Ground pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lower to medium heat and sauté until onions just begin to brown.
- Add snow peas, pepper flakes, remaining sugar and ground pepper and sauté 4 or 5 minutes more just until the color turns bright green and the peas are crisp tender.
- Serve immediately.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lea Davis :: Margaret S :: Shelarisse G :: Amanda Keeton :: chelsea dillard :: rebeccaconner :: La :: Virginia Sue :: ST :: Kit Alvarez :: Lovelylala :: chris :: tskurlock :: shannonhayes :: Julie O'Brien :: ann marie t :: Stephanie Feagin :: bamatbone :: Maria R :: Michelle K