Maple Nut Carrots
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons walnut pieces
- Place carrots in a medium-size saucepan and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for about five to six minutes or until carrots are tender but still crisp.
- Remove carrots with a slotted spoon and reduce carrot juice to approximately 1/4 of a cup.
- Add brown sugar, dry mustard and walnuts to 1/4 cup of juice and cook this for another three to four minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and return carrots to pan stirring until they are well glazed. Remove to wax paper and cool. Serve or pack in containers refrigerated until ready to use.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This delicious side dish has only 4 ingredients!
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Click here to see our 1972 TV commercial for My First Cookbook!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Susan I :: ann f :: Amanda P :: aleesha w :: Jeanette H :: Ali :: lin :: johnsonevans :: Linda B :: lori newton :: Victoria Larsen :: Linda F :: Jana A :: Diane G :: HoJo :: Su :: Connie W :: leah :: Olivia :: Stephanie C