Crockpot Beef Stew
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
8 generous portions
- 4 pounds sirloin roast, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 large baking potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bottle good red wine
- 4 cups beef broth
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss beef, flour, corn starch, thyme, garlic and brown sugar until each piece is well coated.
- Add oil to a large, hot pan and sear the beef, being careful not to crowd the pan. You will have to do several batches to ensure a good caramelized crust on each piece. It’s worth it.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and simmer on low for 8 hours.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: RAY'S WONDERS :: Olivelove :: Ashley :: tamika :: Momma Jo :: Jennifer W :: Debbie Cooper :: Julia W :: Tee :: su :: Trevor Applewhaite :: Christy Reinhart :: NINA :: Cathy :: LizW :: Tamara Wiss :: scott m :: Mary Ellken :: barbara :: traceyj