Crockpot Cheesy Broccoli Rice
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped smoked sausage
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 onion diced fine
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced fine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine rice, chicken broth, salt and butter in a Crockpot set to low.
- In a medium pan, cook olive oil, sausage and sugar until caramelized. Pour into Crockpot. Using same pan, sautee onion, celery and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour into Crockpot. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours.
- When rice is almost done, stir in the cream cheese, broccoli and cheddar. Cook for another 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: karen :: Melissa P :: Anjylkat :: Karan Burgdorf :: R S :: dfritz :: Teresa :: tay :: dme :: Frank B :: Erin l :: Julie :: Tommy :: Cheryl :: Toni :: bert :: Brenda G :: Ann G :: Cheryl F :: Nolie M