Crockpot French Onion Soup
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
5:00 to 7:00
8 - 10 servings
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces red wine, beer or dark soda
- 64 ounces beef stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- French loaf, sliced thick into 8-10 pieces
- 8-10 slices provolone cheese
- Set slow cooker on high. Add onions, garlic, butter, vinegar, and brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- Cover with lid and allow to cook for one hour, stirring occasionally, until onions lightly browned and aromatic. Add flour, stirring to combine.
- After 5-10 minutes, pour in wine, beer or soda, as well as beef stock, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, fill individual soup bowl with prepared soup and place slice of toasted French bread on top of each. Top with cheese. Place under oven broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbling. Serve hot.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Fran Fajardo :: Tvelasquez :: Jessica T :: Francene :: Sarah Labrecque :: betsy K :: Liliana Sierra :: Mary Chateau :: i love coupons :: cooking mary :: Ginger B :: shelli h :: Joy :: Emily Wells :: Beverly Witchelhouse :: Danita W :: Linda Haight :: Peggy :: Billie James :: Debbie D