Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Pulled Pork
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
4:00 to 6:00
- 16 ounces prepared salsa verde (green salsa)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pork loin (2-1/2 to 3-pounds), trimmed of excess fat
- Prepared rice or corn tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In a 4-quart or larger Crockpot, stir together salsa, chili powder, cumin, garlic, sugar and salt. Add pork and turn to coat, spooning some of the salsa over top. Cook, covered, until meat is cooked through and fork-tender, 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Remove meat to a large plate and shred with two forks. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir into cooking liquid. Serve over rice or with tortillas, topped with cheese and sour cream. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Clarke @WellPlated.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jennifer C :: dali :: jane_wr :: Sj R :: Irish Eyes :: Carie Hernandez :: Nelda :: [email protected] :: M&M Peanut :: mary a :: Becky T :: Krystal R :: Robin L :: tdeconna :: Sandy Speiel :: Charles :: kimmmi55 :: Captavi S :: Dee :: Brenda Burell, R.D., L.D.