Slow Cooker Spiced Applesauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 5 pounds Golden Delicious apples (about 6 to 8 apples), peeled and chopped
- Peel and juice from one orange
- Peel and juice from one lemon
- Optional: 1 vanilla bean, seeded and split
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- Place apples in bottom of base of slow cooker. Remove peel from orange and lemon. Squeeze juice from the fruit over apples. Add seeds from vanilla bean and vanilla pod. Top with brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours. Remove citrus peels and vanilla pod. Use a masher or a blender and puree to desired consistency.
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for one week.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: KimberleePowell :: cfisher :: mary stadick :: Lori Williams :: kthunter :: michael c :: J D :: Linda M :: Sherry G :: deb :: Amy S :: Jennifer W :: Josie :: Rebekah B :: Chingching :: Breed :: Susan S :: Sandra I :: Barb E P :: Tina