Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla extract and salt in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add pecans and toss into syrup. Cook a few minutes and until most of the syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir pecans until a white grainy coating develops on their surface.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss pecans until white coating caramelizes and they sound “dry”.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from heat. Let pecans cool on parchment paper.
- Store airtight.
Delicious on salads, with cheese platters, ice cream, dessert toppings etc…
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sharon A :: Sharon :: stella j :: kim :: pdt :: sammichef :: Melisa P :: Marie R :: Dianne :: Midnightbleu :: MZSauls :: JoAnn :: LOUISA M :: Peege :: BHC :: Lynda M :: jan1941 :: darren l :: Resa7106 :: Debra W