Cocoa Bourbon Candied Almonds
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:20 to 0:30
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg white and bourbon until foamy. Stir in almonds until coated completely.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, salt, and cocoa. Sprinkle over nuts, then stir to combine. Spread onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 7-8 minutes. Keep watch as they will burn easily. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Keep stores in air-tight container.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Val :: Mitchell :: shopgirl :: Tasha Dean :: marian k :: Ledonna D :: Cristeen :: coupondealdiva :: Rhonda C :: Kprice :: Awais S :: sweet :: lorena g :: Tiffany K :: Stacey Trim :: SharonG :: Chefpatt :: TONY :: anon :: margaret spears