Skinny French Onion Dip
Prep time :
Refrigerate 24 hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium onions, diced in large dice
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5-10 dashes Tabasco, to taste
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In large pan, sauté oil, onions, sugar, salt, pepper, thyme, sage and oregano over medium heat until it begins to sizzle and onions begin to brown a bit. Lower heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until onions are translucent and a caramelized brown color. Set aside to cool.
- Once onions are cool, add sour cream, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 of caramelized onions to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add Tabasco to taste along with green onions and then pulse to mix.
- Pour into a sealable container and fold in rest of caramelized onions. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: IDA w :: Yvonne G :: clls :: Wendi D :: Veronica Ramirez :: dana :: linzy :: jul :: silvia escamilla :: mward :: Todd M :: AMBGRC :: Pat Burgin :: Larrybesq :: Kim D :: LR style :: moosestang :: Crystal Dowell :: Diana H :: DeDe