- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) very cold unsalted butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 cups finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cold water
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place flour in a mixing bowl large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Using a grater, grate cold butter directly onto flour.
- Add sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, rosemary and parmesan cheese.
- Using a whisk blend the ingredients until thoroughly distributed but no dough has yet formed.
- Pour in water and quickly knead into dough for a few seconds.
- Press dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1/4 inch thick and place into refrigerator for 10-20 minutes or until cold enough to roll.
- Divide dough in 2 pieces. The dough should not be sticky so using flour to roil it shouldn't be necessary. If you do us flour, use as little as possible.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick and using cookie cutters or a pizza wheel cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and place in oven. Bake for 20 minutes until crisp and golden. Move to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Once cooled, store airtight.