Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Chives to garnish, optional
- In a large bowl gently mix together all meatball ingredients. Scoop into 20-24 equal balls. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan add sauce ingredients (minus chives). Whisk to combine. Heat over medium heat. Add meatballs.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes OR until meatballs are cooked through. Stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with optional chives.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: cjack :: Alicia :: Shelly P :: shashakrin :: Janet B :: Rebecca R :: jill h :: angieb :: jean r :: AmyMiller72 :: Tiffany Whitmill :: Ashley Maria :: Vivencio C :: Chris :: Kay :: Rakesh Bansal :: KathyBacc :: Mel's Diner :: DEBBIE P :: Sandra