- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Line baking sheet with a silicone mat and set aside.
- In a medium nonstick skillet heat brown sugar, honey and butter over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring to combine. Once mixture comes to a full boil add in nuts and coat evenly.
- Cook, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes until nuts are lightly toasted.
- Transfer nuts to prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and allow nuts to cool completely. You can even place them in the refrigerator to speed this process up.
- When they are cooled, break them apart and serve.
- Store airtight for up to a 2 weeks, but beware of humidity as they will get sticky!
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
NOTE: If you would like to make these more like a brittle you can decrease the number of nuts by 3/4 cup, or alternately increase the amounts of brown sugar, honey and butter by half.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky@CookiesandCups.