Refrigerate 1 hour
- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Optional: 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups trail mix (see note)
- Combine the dates, brown sugar, water, honey, flax seed and salt in a food processor or high-powered blender and process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. The mixture should be thick but pliable.
- Transfer the date mixture to a large bowl and stir in the oats and trail mix. You might need to use your hands to fully incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for one hour. After one hour, line a baking sheet with waxed paper and, using a small cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Store the energy bites in a covered container in the refrigerator.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Notes from Cassie: To make classic trail mix, combine 1/2 cup of the following: raisins, chocolate M&M candies, cashews, almonds, and peanuts. Store the trail mix in an airtight container. Alternately, sub in your favorite dried fruit, candy or peanuts to make your trail mix your own!
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.