Cinnamon Candied Almonds
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2 - 3 servings
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla extract and salt in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add almonds and toss into syrup. Cook a few minutes and until most of the syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir almonds until a white grainy coating develops on their surface.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss almonds until white coating caramelizes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from heat. Let almonds cool on parchment pape or silicone baking mat. Break apart once cooled.
- Store airtight.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Almedina S :: Vicki K :: amysue :: Patti W :: Joni Martin :: Reebutterfly :: lanette :: Tammie T :: Hilda Garza :: Eric :: anitalynn62 :: Robin R :: Gerald L :: marthal :: merrillst :: Karen Booth :: Krystal :: Crystal C :: Rosanne H :: Timothy L