Cinnamon Candied Walnuts
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2 - 3 servings
- 1 1/2 cups whole walnuts
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla extract and salt in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add walnuts and toss into syrup. Cook a few minutes and until most of the syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir walnuts until a white grainy coating develops on their surface.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss walnuts until white coating caramelizes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from heat. Let walnuts cool on parchment pape or silicone baking mat.
- Store airtight.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: rosalyn069 :: Judi :: dawn b :: Dian K :: karen c :: Heidi :: dalvama :: Jill :: shalonree :: debbie boyd :: tamdamam :: jamie :: Karen :: Cass Garcia :: kev p. :: ROSEMARY A :: Christine R :: Candy B :: Jill Wriston :: chefpenguin