- 9 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, cored and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 18 slices toasted garlic slices*
- 18 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 18 basil leaves plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place tomatoes cut side up on a lightly greased foiled lined baking pan.
- Top evenly with garlic. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender and roasted.
- Top each garlic toast with basil, mozzarella and piece of roasted tomato. Drizzle with additional olive oil and basil, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
*To make toasted garlic slices: Cut an 8 ounce French bread loaf into 18 slices. Place on baking sheet; sprinkle with garlic salt and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 425°F for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.