- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (14 oz.) shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together melted chocolate and canola oil until well blended. Stir in sugar and eggs. Mix in flour and salt until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl mix together shredded coconut, condensed milk and powdered sugar until very well combined. Spread evenly over the cooled brownies. Sprinkle 1 cup of sliced almonds over the coconut layer.
- Heat heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips and butter. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour over the coconut layer, spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until chocolate is completely set before serving.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.