- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring (liquid)
- Pastel sprinkles of choice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9 inch pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a bowl mix together chocolate and oil until well blended. Beat in sugar and eggs. Add flour and salt, and mix until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Once cooled (you can chill for cleaner cuts), use an egg-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut out ovals for your eggs.
- Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla and milk to make frosting. Depending on how many colors you want to do, separate into bowls. Mix in food coloring to get your desired color. Place colored frosting into a piping bag, or a plastic zip top bag. Cut off a tiny corner, so you can pipe onto the brownie.
- Spread white frosting on your cut out brownie Easter eggs. Pipe on your desired designs, and use sprinkles to decorate.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.