- 2 cups (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate Ganache or Sauce
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 2 (12 cup) muffin tins with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat melt the butter and chocolate chips together until smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs together on medium high speed for 3 minutes. Turn mixer to medium speed and slowly add melted chocolate to egg mixture until completely combined, scraping the sides of bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low speed and mix in flour until just combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with brownie batter and bake for 25 minutes or until centers are just set.
- Remove brownies from the oven and using a shot glass (or something or similar size) press down centers of brownies gently, creating a well. Allow brownie cups to cool in pans before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of ice cream in the center, and top with hot fudge or caramel, and sprinkles, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.