- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 squares (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1/2 cup (14 crème de menthe thin candies), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 4-5 drops green food coloring
- Optional: Additional crème de menthe thin candies, cut diagonally in half and chopped
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and chocolate in a heavy medium saucepan; heat over low heat stirring occasionally until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined. Stir in vanilla, flour and candy; mixing until combined. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To prepare frosting: Beat butter and 1 cup of powdered sugar until combined.
- Beat in remaining sugar, milk and extract until creamy. Add additional milk for creamier consistency.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Cut into squares or use biscuit/cookie cutter for circles.
- Garnish with crème de menthe candy, if desired.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
This dense and fudgy brownie has a refreshing mint kick. Perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day party or for the mint lover in your life.