Slow cook 2 hours
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 16-18 individual graham crackers
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (or cut up large marshmallows)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line crockpot with aluminum foil for easy removal of brownies once cooked.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, or in microwave, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and vanilla with sugar. Slowly add in chocolate mixture until well combined.
- In small bowl, sift together cocoa, salt and flour. Add mixture to rest of batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour roughly half of batter into prepared crockpot. Top with whole graham crackers, breaking and piecing together at edges as needed to fully cover brownie batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of graham crackers, then top with remaining brownie batter.
- Put lid on crockpot and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours. Check brownies at 1 1/2 hours. Tops will look undercooked, but a tug on foil will help determine doneness. If brownies lift easily without buckling, remove from crockpot and allow to cool. If they buckle, allow to bake for 15 more minutes, checking again, until ready to remove.
- Once cooled, top with marshmallows and place under oven broiler for 30-60 seconds, until marshmallows are toasted. Watch closely as marshmallows can quickly burn. Remove from oven, cut, serve and enjoy.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.