- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons fine grated lemon zest, no white bitter pith
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Either line a standard size loaf pan with parchment paper or butter and flour it and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk eggs until well combined. Add sour cream and vegetable oil and whisk smooth.
- Add sugar, salt and lemon zest.
- Add flour in one step. Using a spatula, mix until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven.
- Bake until the center of the cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. If cakes becomes too dark before being done, cover cake with a lightly butter piece of foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing it from pan.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking lemon juice and powdered sugar together, add butter.
- Brush cake with glaze.